Really a timeout on my phone and tablet? Yes while this may feel silly it only takes a few seconds for an attacker to place something on your phone. Here is how you can change your lock screens and timeouts!
Set or change a screen lock
Important: To ensure your automatic and manual backups are encrypted with your screen lock, use a PIN, pattern, or password.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Security.
- To pick a kind of screen lock, tap Screen lock.
- If you’ve already set a lock, you’ll need to enter your PIN, pattern, or password before you can pick a different lock.
- Tap the screen lock option you’d like to use. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Set your timeout value!
Stock Android, as well as most other versions of Android, have built-in tools to manage your screen timeout, and the process is fairly simple.
- Head into your device Settings.
- Tap on Display.
- Tap on Sleep. (Your device may say Screen timeout, or something similar.)
- Simply choose the amount of time that works best for you.
That is all there is to it, go ahead and exit your device Settings and enjoy your new display sleep configuration.
Thanks for reading have a great Saturday! Can you hack it?