Are you still using CSS and HTML to code your websites? Are you versed and skilled in assembly languages like cobalt? It is time to brush up your IT skills and ensure your resume has those skills being searched by recruiters and fortune 500 companies daily! Today’s tip I will show you a few places I recommend brushing up your skills with.
Here are the top 10 best online learning websites
1. COURSERA (https://www.coursera.org/) Build skills with courses, certificates, and degrees online from world-class universities and companies. Coursera has partnered with over 190 universities and companies, with over 3900 courses and specializations, over 35 million learners. You have a choice of whether to choose free courses or get a degree or a professional certificate at reasonable prices and learn at your own pace.
2. edX (https://www.edx.org/) Access 2500+ Online Courses from 140 Institutions. Founded by Harvard and MIT, edX is home to more than 20 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies. As a global nonprofit, edX is transforming traditional education, removing the barriers of cost, location, and access. With the mission to increase access to high-quality education for everyone, everywhere Enhance teaching and learning on campus and online Advance teaching and learning through research
3. KHAN ACADEMY (https://www.khanacademy.org/) A nonprofit with the mission to provide free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. They tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Millions of students from all over the world, learn at their own pace on Khan Academy every single day.
4. Udemy ( https://www.udemy.com/) By connecting students all over the world to the best instructors, Udemy is helping individuals reach their goals and pursue their dreams. With over 50M Students, 150K Courses, 57K Instructors, 295M Course enrollments, 33M Minutes of video, 65+Languages, Udemy is one of the leading learning platforms. Study any topic, anytime.
5. STANFORD ONLINE (https://online.stanford.edu/) Stanford Online offers learners a single point of access to Stanford’s extended education and lifelong learning opportunities both on campus and around the world. Learn and grow with Stanford Online from anywhere in the world, wherever you are in your life’s journey. From free online courses to advanced degrees and executive education, Stanford can help you meet your goals for life and professional advancement.
6. MIT OpenCourseWare (https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm) MIT OpenCourseWare makes the materials used in the teaching of almost all of MIT’s subjects available on the Web, free of charge. With more than 2,400 courses available, OCW is delivering on the promise of open sharing of knowledge. “The idea is simple: to publish all of our course materials online and make them widely available to everyone.” Dick K.P. Yue, Professor, MIT School of Engineering
8. TED-Ed (https://ed.ted.com/) TED-Ed is TED’s youth and education initiative. TED-Ed’s mission is to spark and celebrate the ideas of teachers and students around the world. TED-Ed has grown from an idea worth spreading into an award-winning education platform that serves millions of teachers and students around the world every week.
9. Open Culture Online Courses (http://www.openculture.com/) Open Culture brings together high-quality cultural & educational media for the worldwide lifelong learning community. With over 1000 lectures, videos and podcasts from universities around the world.
10. Alison (https://alison.com/) Alison is one of the world’s largest free learning platforms for education and skills training. It is a for-profit social enterprise dedicated to making it possible for anyone, to study anything, anywhere, at any time, for free online, at any subject level. Through the mission they are a catalyst for positive social change, creating opportunity, prosperity, and equality for everyone with more than 14 million learners in 195 countries, Alison is changing how the world learns and up-skills.